WDE2009 dream speakers
WDE 2008 has sadly come to a close. However Yasuhisa and I were chatting about who we’d like to see at Web Directions East 2009 next year. Here’s my expanded list (this is of course in addition to all the excellent speakers this time round):
- Jeffrey Veen—we were denied!
- Don Norman—if Eric is the Godfather of CSS, Don might just be the Godfather of design
- Edward Tufte—the Godfather of information design?
- Robert Bringhurst—author of the seminal “The Elements of Typographic Style”
- Steve Krug—Common sense IA and usability testing. The web industry in Japan could use more common sense
- Jon Hicks—web design, illustration, browser fetish, Opera, cheese…
- Andy Clarke—Transcendence. Plus a guaranteed 50%+ increase in female attendees ;-)
- Jarred Spool—UX, IA and user testing, plus a great speaker
- Philip Greenspun—Code, photography and intellect
There are also some locals I’d like to see:
- Oliver Reichenstein—Opinionated IA of “Web Design is 95% Typography” fame
- Keita Kitamura and Yugo Nakamura of tha, inc—Visualising data; Yugop is one of the few Japanese web designers with some international recognition
- John Boardley—making a living from loving typography
- Garr Reynolds—Presentation zen, which would also be really interesting for the other speakers
WDE is in a lucky position as Japan/Tokyo can act as an encourager to attend. If a big-name speaker happens to want to come here for a visit anyway, they’re going to be predisposed to accept a speaking gig here.
So, who would you like to see?
- boblet posted this